

Photo taken on Sept. 29, 2020 shows a man walking by a house damaged during clashes in the Tartar district bordering the Nagorno-Karabakh region. (Photo by Tofik Babayev/Xinhua)
The ceasefire will take effect at 8:00 a.m. local time (0400 GMT) on Oct. 26, 2020.
WASHINGTON, Oct. 25 (Xinhua) -- A humanitarian ceasefire will take effect on Monday in the conflict between Armenia and Azerbaijan over the Nagorno-Karabakh region, a joint statement from the U.S. State Department and the two governments said on Sunday.
The ceasefire will take effect at 8:00 a.m. local time (0400 GMT) on Oct. 26, 2020, according to the statement.
Visiting foreign ministers of Armenia and Azerbaijan met with U.S. Deputy Secretary of State Stephen Biegun on Saturday and reaffirmed their countries' commitment to implement and abide by the humanitarian ceasefire agreed earlier this month, the statement said.
A new round of armed conflict broke out on Sept. 27 along the contact line of the Nagorno-Karabakh region. Armenia and Azerbaijan have been at loggerheads over the mountainous region since 1988. Peace talks have been held since 1994 when a ceasefire was reached, although there have been minor sporadic clashes.
Fire brigade in Shanghai holds group wedding
Tourists enjoy ice sculptures in Datan Town, north China
Sunset scenery of Dayan Pagoda in Xi'an
Tourists have fun at scenic spot in Nanlong Town, NW China
Harbin attracts tourists by making best use of ice in winter
In pics: FIS Alpine Ski Women's World Cup Slalom
Black-necked cranes rest at reservoir in Lhunzhub County, Lhasa
China's FAST telescope will be available to foreign scientists in April
"She power" plays indispensable role in poverty alleviation
Top 10 world news events of People's Daily in 2020
Top 10 China news events of People's Daily in 2020
Top 10 media buzzwords of 2020
Year-ender:10 major tourism stories of 2020
No interference in Venezuelan issues
Biz prepares for trade spat
Broadcasting Continent
Australia wins Chinese CEOs as US loses